We met in September of 2008. We both did a freshmen program out in Idaho. We lived out there with 28 other freshmen about an hour from campus and the teachers came and taught us. We did that for half of the semester. It was a lot of fun being there. We did a lot of ropes courses, went white water rafting, and we went on a backpacking trip. Matt and I didn't hang out too much while we were there.
When we got back to campus we hung out a lot more often. Then we started dating toward the end of the semester in November. We dated for a year until the next November. Then Matt left on a church mission. He got really sick while he was gone and came home. Then he went back to school out in Idaho. I wasn't out at school at the time. I was in Kansas working. I talked to him a little bit over the phone when he came home. He was really busy with school, working, and playing ice hockey.
I went back out to college in April. I talked to him a little bit and we went on a few dates. We didn't really do too much that semester. Then in the fall semester we talked a little bit in the beginning. He came by my house to say hi. Then we didn't talk for a couple weeks. Then him and one of his roommates asked my roommate and I out on a date. We went bowling and watched a movie. It was good to hang out with him again. He asked me on a few more dates after that. Then we just started hanging out everyday.
I went out to Oregon for Thanksgiving. I stayed with Kathy and Steven the first part of the week and then he came and picked me up and took me to see his family. We spent Thanksgiving at his grandparents house. They live right next to the coast so we had fun at the beach after dinner! The next day Matt proposed to me at a nature park in Oregon. We had been there before when I had visited. Then we went back to Kathy and Stevens house to see my new little niece Karissa and I got to see my mom! It was an AWESOME trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment